5G-MiEdge Summer Update
It’s 32 degrees celsius…
and yet we’re hard at work!
There were three deliverables released in June
- D2.3 Design of mmWave antennas for 5G enabled stadium
- D4.1 Performance evaluation of 5G MiEdge based 5G cellular networks
- D5.2 Second report on dissemination, standards, regulation and exploitation plan
And two more due at the end of August
- D2.4 Method of site specific deployment of mmWave edge cloud
- AR6.2 Second Annual Report
While we’re also getting ready for our first outside testbed deployment: It will feature a meshed mmWave network of multiple nodes on the campus of Tokyo Institute of Technology.
Each node offers several mmWave interfaces and edge cloud functionality. The whole system is centrally orchestrated by a SDN controller over a separate control channel.
All details and results will become available in December 2018 with deliverable D4.2.